NAIHBR.org Privacy Statement
By visiting and using our website(s), or using mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree to our terms of service and our privacy statement.
We appreciate you visiting our website and want you to know that we place a high importance on protecting the privacy of our customers and value our relationship with you. Just as we expect you to respect our terms of service, we want you to know that we respect and protect your privacy. On our website(s) are links to other sites (e.g., through an advertisement, service, or content link). Once you enter another website, please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of these other sites. We encourage you to locate and review the privacy statements of all the websites you visit through a link or advertisement on our website(s).
What information do we collect?
- We collect personal data such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and best time(s) to reach you when you are asked to give us that data in order for us to provide you with services or information you request. By providing us that data you are opting into allowing us to use that data to respond to your request for information or services.
- We collect personal data to deliver or allow access to our services.
- We collect information, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser information (e.g., browser type and version), to understand how the computer system you are using interacts with us, and how you are interacting with our website.
- When you connect to us using a mobile application we may also collect information about your mobile device, your mobile carrier, and possibly your location (depending on the configuration settings in your mobile device).
- We use common internet technologies, such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, single-pixel GIFs, and clear GIFs, to manage our websites and services, e-mail and other marketing programs, and the advertising on our website.
- We collect user feedback including survey information that you elect to provide to us.
- We may obtain from commercially available sources additional information about you.
We use common Internet technologies to provide useful information regarding our website(s), such as the pages visitors view or ads visitors click on. We also keep track of how visitors get to our website(s) and any links they click on to leave our website(s). We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once you leave our site(s).
During your visit to our website(s) you may request us to provide you with additional information and/or services. In order for us to accommodate your request you need to provide us with sufficient information to allow us to respond appropriately. For example, you may be requested to provide your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and/or best time to contact you. When you connect to us using a mobile application we may also collect information about your mobile device, your mobile carrier, and possibly your location (depending on the configuration settings in your mobile device).
WHEN YOU PROVIDE US WITH PERSONAL DATA YOU ARE REPRESENTING AND WARRANTING TO US THAT YOU HAVE ALL LEGAL RIGHTS AND AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE US WITH THAT DATA, AND THAT THE DATA IS ACCURATE. THUS, IF YOU ARE PROVIDING US THE PERSONAL DATA ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE, THEN YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING PRIOR EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION FROM THAT OTHER PERSON TO PROVIDE US WITH THAT DATA. IN ANY AND ALL CASES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, COSTS, DAMAGES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES AND COURT COSTS) IN THE EVENT OF A BREACH OF YOUR WARRANTY AND REPRESENTATION STATED IN THIS PARAGRAPH.
Some of the third parties whom you may meet on our website (e.g., sponsors, advertisers, and third party services providers) may ask you for additional data. When these third parties are requesting additional data from you, they, not us, will be collecting that data on their servers and/or website(s). This additional data will be subject to the third party’s privacy statements and terms of service. Because we do not control the privacy practices or policies of these third parties, you should review their privacy statements and terms of service before you provide them with any personal data in order to learn more about how they collect and use your personal information.
Collecting of data in mobile applications:
When using mobile applications and services to connect with us (including mobile applications that we provide you and mobile applications that you use to connect with us), we may collect personal information from you such as your phone number, mobile device type, and communications carrier. We use this information in order to set up and manage our relationship with you as well as contact you about your services. We use your information to process and personalize your requests. We also use the information for support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of our products and services. We may also use the information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience. If you give us permission, we may also use your information to contact you about special offerings that may interest you. If you sign up for a mobile message service from us, you will have the opportunity to stop receiving mobile messages by following the instructions in the message or on our website. You are responsible for all charges incurred by you with your mobile communications carrier for any mobile messaging services. Please be aware that if you use location enabled products and services on whatever device you use to connect with us, you may be sending us location information which may or may not reveal your actual location.
In the event you sign up for a third-party application or service through our website(s) or through a mobile device, we may share information about your mobile device in order to provide the information or service you requested. Your carrier may have access to the information we collect. You should review your carrier’s privacy statement and the privacy statements for any third-party services or applications you use.
You are required to follow all applicable laws, including unsolicited communication laws. If you sign up for a mobile messaging service (e.g., SMS or MMS) through which you have the ability to send mobile (“text”) messages to other individuals or businesses, you understand that you will be responsible if you violate those laws. You should also be aware that your mobile service provider may be required to monitor your messages for inappropriate content, and your provider may pass on that monitoring obligation to us. To fulfill these requirements, we may monitor your mobile messages for inappropriate content.
How do we protect the information we collect?
- We use industry recognized security safeguards and technologies to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alterations.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards enveloping our servers.
- We train our employees to be mindful of protecting your information.
- We encrypt sensitive data that you send to us and maintain that encryption when the data is in transit.
How you protect your personal data plays a big role in preventing loss or misuse of your personal data. There are a number of paths to identity theft and fraud scams, some of which look very authentic but are actually not. For example, e-mail phishing scams look like an authentic email from a company you are dealing with, or may have had dealings with, and may warn you of a problem with your account, or raise some other threating condition requiring you to take immediate action by clicking on a link in the email or opening an attachment to the email. In some instances, they may say you have won a prize or are the beneficiary of some monetary reward or bequest. Your first reaction to an unsolicited suspicious e-mail should be to seek independent verification of the e-mail’s substance and content – do NOT click on the links, open the attachments, or even reply to the e-mail. For example, call the sender of the e-mail or, if appropriate, open your Internet browser and visit their website directly by entering the website’s address (the “URL”) yourself and without using a link in the suspicious e-mail. For additional information about how you can protect your personal data, take a look at the online resources provided by the Federal Trade Commission including the FTC’s Identity Theft Site. We will not request sensitive personal data from you via an e-mail. If you receive an e-mail that appears to have come from us requesting such information, please forward it us at [email protected]
How do we use the information we collect?
- We use your data to provide you with information and services that you request from us and/or third parties, to inform you about other products and services, and to customize your experience on our website(s).
- We use your data to connect you with third party providers from whom you are requesting products or services. For example, if you are interested in connecting with a member and provide us with your name, phone number, email address, and/or best time to contact you, then we will provide that data to third parties for the purpose of having them fulfill your request to have them contact you. Once you have connected with these third parties, you alone are responsible for choosing whether or not you provide them with any additional data and should make that choice only after you have carefully read, reviewed, and accepted their privacy statements.
- We use your data to track your activity on, and maintain statistics about, our website(s); to help us develop new functionality for our website(s); to help us evaluate and improve the experience you and others have with our website(s); and to improve the quality of the services presented on our website(s).
- We may aggregate your data anonymously with anonymous data from other visitors to our website(s) in order to help understand and improve how visitors are using the website(s) and using the services we offer on the website(s), and to provide us, and third parties working with us, with information that may help us develop new services for our website(s).
We use your website activity to assist you by reducing the need to re-enter your data and to help us resolve technical support issues. We may also use this information to offer you a personalized experience on our website(s), and to customize our offerings to you. Remember, you control whether you receive our promotional communications through e-mail, phone, or postal mail.
We also may share non-identifiable, non-personal aggregate information about our visitors with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for marketing and promotional purposes. We and our subsidiaries may exchange information about your transactions to fulfill your requests. However, whenever we exchange information with any of our subsidiaries, you should know that we offer you the opportunity to review privacy statements at our subsidiaries’ websites. Unless you have asked us not to contact you, we may also provide you information about products or services we believe you may be interested in.
When we believe, in good faith, that we’re required to by law, or to protect our legal rights, we may disclose, access, or report your personal information to third parties. We may also do this in connection with an investigation into a suspected violation involving the terms of service, intellectual property infringement, fraud, or other activity that may be illegal or expose us to legal liability. By way of example, and not limitation, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request. We may also share information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, government agencies, and credit card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
Children under 13
Our websites are not for children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13. If we knowingly receive a child’s personal data, we will delete it from our systems.
How can you change the way we contact you?
- While we hope you find the information and services available on our website(s) helpful, if you wish to update how we contact you (e.g., provide us with a new email or mailing address) or just want to opt-out of us sending you information, then click here or contact us in writing to let us know you wish to opt-out of us sending you information. Please allow at least five (5) business days from the date we receive your request until the change(s) will be reflected in our databases. If you have signed up with any third parties you met through our website or elsewhere, you will need to contact each of them individually to let them know if you wish to opt-out from receiving further communications from them.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM US YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE OFFERS ON SERVICES, PROMOTIONS, OR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST AND/OR BENEFIT TO YOU INCLUDING ANNOUNCEMENTS ON PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES THAT YOU MAY CURRENTLY USE OR OWN.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data, please contact us in writing:
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail: Privacy Team, NAIHBR Inc. 401 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60611
Can we change this Privacy Statement?
Yes, we may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Changes are effective when we post them to our website(s). You should periodically check this website to see if the Privacy Statement has changed and, in particular, you should check this Privacy Statement before providing additional data to us or changing any data you have submitted to us. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, provided that we have your current (and accurate) contact information, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.